By Nicholas J. Higham
This is the main authoritative and available single-volume reference booklet on utilized arithmetic. that includes quite a few entries via best specialists and arranged thematically, it introduces readers to utilized arithmetic and its makes use of; explains key techniques; describes very important equations, legislation, and capabilities; appears to be like at interesting parts of study; covers modeling and simulation; explores parts of software; and more.
Modeled at the well known Princeton significant other to Mathematics, this quantity is an necessary source for undergraduate and graduate scholars, researchers, and practitioners in different disciplines looking a undemanding reference booklet on utilized mathematics.
- Features approximately 2 hundred entries equipped thematically and written via a global staff of unusual contributors
- Presents the most important rules and branches of utilized arithmetic in a transparent and obtainable way
- Explains very important mathematical strategies, tools, equations, and applications
- Introduces the language of utilized arithmetic and the targets of utilized mathematical research
- Gives a variety of examples of mathematical modeling
- Covers continuum mechanics, dynamical platforms, numerical research, discrete and combinatorial arithmetic, mathematical physics, and masses more
- Explores the connections among utilized arithmetic and different disciplines
- Includes feedback for extra studying, cross-references, and a entire index
Read Online or Download The Princeton Companion to Applied Mathematics PDF
Best Applied books
A call for participation to utilized arithmetic: Differential Equations, Modeling, and Computation introduces the reader to the method of recent utilized arithmetic in modeling, research, and medical computing with emphasis at the use of normal and partial differential equations. each one subject is brought with an enticing actual challenge, the place a mathematical version is built utilizing actual and constitutive legislation bobbing up from the conservation of mass, conservation of momentum, or Maxwell's electrodynamics.
Polymer Physics completely information the basic innovations of polymer melts, strategies, and gels when it comes to either static constitution and dynamics. It is going past different introductory polymer texts, deriving the basic instruments of the actual polymer chemist or engineer with no skipping any steps. The publication is split into 4 elements.
Extra info for The Princeton Companion to Applied Mathematics